Wednesday 6 July 2016

Autumn in the Orchard


We had a look in our school orchard and noticed that the figs that were still on the tree were going mouldy. We took photographs and wrote poems about what we saw. This is Adam's poem:

Autumn in the Orchard

As I felt a side of the pumpkin  it deformed.
I looked some more and there  inside  was pumpkin soup.
It was like a bowl full of overdated  soup.
Then I smelt it … yuck!
IMG_5393.jpg

Munch and crunch I stood on some apples on the ground.
Then I saw an apple that was on its own.
“Yum, that looks like a good apple,” I thought.
Then I turned it over.
I shuddered with distaste and I dropped It.
It  was like a bullet had smashed right through the apple.


I walked over to the fig tree.
Some green and grey figs were on the tree.
It looked like the rotten figs were grey rats that were hanging on the trap that was the branches.


I looked at the leaves.

They looked like jelly fish that had been in the sun for too long and had turned a gold colour with freckles that were tinted brown.

Autumn in the Orchard
A rotting apple on the   ground  is  light green with patches of grey.

Screenshot 2016-05-30 at 1.07.02 PM.pngTiny bugs devour the brown side of the apple.

Mushy and soft it feels like a piece of slime.
  
I drop it as I scream with disgust and I never touched that apple again.
   
I look at a fig tree with lots of rotting figs on it.

I pick one of the figs that looks good, but when I have a closer look it is actually infested with little bits of mould and tiny bugs.

I poke one of the mouldy patches and it feels like pond mud that has gone very soft.

Shouting I drop it and never went near that fig again.    

Miro


Autumn in the Awahono Orchard
Rotting brown figs cover the ground especially in front of the fig tree that is covered with lichen.                                                                                                      
White mould is growing inside the fig and it has lots of little black spots on the tips of the white bristles.  
There are lots of little insects crawling over and inside it, and some starting to burrow into the sides of the rotten fig.
The sides of the fig are mushy but it’s hard on the top.  
Screenshot 2016-05-30 at 2.14.42 PM.pngI think I’m going to throw up because it’s revolting.
Screenshot 2016-05-30 at 1.06.09 PM.png

Liam

   

Screenshot 2016-05-30 at 2.23.39 PM.png
    Autumn Figs

I can see a big brown fig tree that grows lichen on the branches and it also has rotten figs that  are protruding out of the branches.
I stare at the figs for a couple of seconds and then I realise that there is a large amount of slime in the middle of the fig.  
I can feel small spikes on the fig.  
Screenshot 2016-05-30 at 2.27.33 PM.pngThey feel like soft prickles stuck on a tennis ball.
I feel disgusted inside because I have never seen anything as revolting as that before.
My body shivers with disgust.

By Kylah

Autumn in the Orchard
Brown leaves are everywhere, even on trees
There are dead figs everywhere on the almost bare leafy tree and on the ground.

I feel a dead apple and my finger bolts right through
“Yuck!” I say to myself.

 Oh what a sight, a  leaf  falls  onto my head. “This is cool with all of those colours you don’t see around the year,” I think..
  I see apples with insects bounding into the flesh inside.

I see a juicy apple lying by itself on the ground
As I pick it up my hand feels weird as I hold it in my hand   
I turn the apple around and that side is rotting so I then drop it on the ground.

Then I go to the fig tree.
On most of the figs there are sharp spikes that poke out.
When I touch them they feel silky and soft but I do not want to touch them any more when I remember that it is disgusting mould.

Then I go to see the lichen covering the plum tree.
 I thought it would feel stiff but it is slimy.

Ryan




                  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.