Wednesday 15 April 2020

Day One of Term 2 and Remote Learning

Today was Room 5s first day of remote learning during this level 4 lockdown and I have been so impressed with the work that has been achieved by a number of children.

I have just put up a sample of the work that was shared and done today.

Cameron Delany read the story Anzac Ted and then wrote this which brought a tear to my eye!

ANZAC TED
By Cameron

Hi my name is Anzac Ted.  I'm a bit old to look at, my tummy's torn, I'm old and gold, stinky and dirty.  I only got one eye I have a patch on my missing one, I've got one ear and everyone hates me apart from my owner who is a kid.  His grandfather was my owner and he died in the war.

My jacket is army green and torn, my past is sad but sometimes it is good to talk about.  Whenever I get entered in a favourite toy compeititon I get hate from all the other kids because of the way I look.  But they might change their mind if they new my story.

Here's a little bit of my story so it started off when I was young when I went to war, we had fight against our foe which is our enemy.  You see many things in war that are horrible and sad.  I was like a mascot to the army I have them peace when they were very badly hurt, sad and lonely.  I've helped a lot of people in my time. 

People that were in the war are heroes, I guess I am a hero too.  Not everyone looks like a hero.


Amelia and Tom researched a game from the early 1900's and then gave it a try in their driveway.  I love how they spray painted it so no amount of rain will wash that away!!

Hopscotch began in ancient Britain during the early roman empire hopscotch courts were 100 feet long and used for military causes and training.


Mila made Anzac Biscuits which she has renamed Anzac pancakes.


Hannah and her mum also made some Anzac Biscuits which Hannah said her dad loved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.